Saturday, June 8, 2013

Daira





I needed a mercenary. Ganon kills with purpose, and even Carock would not waste his time hunting a target for a few gold coins. I could not use Goriya; I had made him into more of a thief and rogue, but one who was neither bloodthirsty nor amoral. He even did a good turn once in a while (usually hoping for some future reward, but still). So I needed a heartless contract killer. My answer was Daira. He likes dark passages and one-handed weapons. Although he loves a good axe, his stealthiness makes a dagger (with a 15x multiplier) an easy choice, too.

I removed the tail with Toggle Tails on Khajiit and Argonians. All the artwork seems to show Daira with a tail (depicting them as alligators), but the Zelda 2 sprites seemed to lack a tail. I find tails sort of distracting in Skyrim, and I prefer the tailless Daira.

1 comment:

  1. I'm honestly surprised there are not comments on these blogposts of yours. I may only have Skyrim on Nintendo Switch, but I must say, I'm impressed and have been influenced to try making Zelda characters on my file, especially since The Master Sword, Champion's Tunic and Hylian Shield are all present in the Switch version. I started of course with Link as a Bosmer, but it was my first time playing Skyrim at the same time, so I've done a lot of things that are very un-Link-like so to speak. Very recently I grew bored with the file, so I made my own Redguard Ganondorf. I opted for High Elf for Zelda for aesthetic reasons; Bretons lack the pointed ears. For the Argonian race, I actually opted to make a hybrid of Lizalfos, Dinolfos and Geru. Thus far, Link aside, all of my other files have longer names. Ganondorf Dragmire, Zelda Hyrule, and Lizalfos Dinolfos Geru. I'm contemplating doing Impa or someone of the Sheikah race next.

    Also, you have a tag for Aveil on this blog, but there are no posts for her. Honestly, it would be nice, provided you have the time of day, to see this blog brought back to life.

    ReplyDelete